Be sure to download the Lobby Day Leave Behinds (pdf files) for your Capitol Hill visits:
- Farm Bill: Congress Must Protect and Strengthen SNAP and Other Anti-Hunger Programs
- Fiscal Year 2018 Budget and Appropriations Priorities
- 3,000 organizations call on Congress to protect and strengthen nutrition programs.
- Agriculture/conservation/food and nutrition groups urge Congress not to make budget cuts to the agriculture and nutrition programs.
- Site Visit Opportunities for Members of Congress
- 2017 TEFAP In America
- Food Recovery: Benefiting People in Need, the Environment and the Economy
Conference attendees have the opportunity on the third day of the conference to go to Capitol Hill to meet with their Members of Congress and staff regarding policy priorities outlined throughout the conference. The day will begin by hearing brief remarks from a few Members who are significant to our work (i.e. Members who sit on the Senate Agriculture Committee). FRAC and Feeding America staff can assist in scheduling visits prior to arrival in DC. Hill visit materials are supplied to all conference attendees.
President, Congress must protect programs that keep hunger at bay
Op-ed in The Hill by Jim Weill, president of the Food Research & Action Center, and Diana Aviv, chief executive officer of Feeding America.
Lobbying 101 Webinar
Is this your first National Anti-Hunger Policy Conference? Will this be your first time making Hill visits to your Members of Congress?
Click here for slides from FRAC and Feeding America’s “Lobbying 101” webinar. These slides will prepare you for just about everything you’ll need to know and do for your Hill visits — from what you need to bring to DC to how to make your pitch. On the webinar, we discussed persuasive advocacy strategies from seasoned lobbyists guaranteed to provide you with helpful advice for your meetings. The webinar also highlight practical tips for Hill visits, including how to frame your issues, craft “your ask,” and how to follow-up from back home.
Download FRAC’s Tips for Capitol Hill Visits: Arranging Your Visit (pdf).