Schedule for Lobby Day, Tuesday, February 26, 2019
7:30–8:30 a.m. – A “grab & go” breakfast will be available at the Omni, in the Blue Room.
8:45–9:30 a.m. – Lobby Day Launch, House Ag Committee hearing room, 1300 Longworth House Office Building
We’re pleased to announce that Rep. Alma Adams (D-NC) will provide remarks before we meet with our Members.
9:30 a.m.–5:30 p.m. Capitol Hill Visits
Also available during the conference and on the conference app.
- Fiscal Year 2020 Budget and Appropriations Priorities
- Proposed SNAP Rule Would Decrease State Flexibility, Harm Local Economies, and Increase Hunger
- Congress Must Protect and Strengthen SNAP and Other Key Anti-Hunger Programs
- Members of Congress: Navigate Your Way to Constituent Nutrition Programs
- Raising the Minimum Wage: A Key Strategy to End Hunger in America
- Refundable Tax Credits Are Critical To Reducing Poverty and Hunger For Women, Children, and Families and Should Be Expanded
- TEFAP in America
- The charitable sector can’t solve hunger alone.
Tips to Get You Ready to Rock Capitol Hill
View the slides and watch recording of the 2019 AHPC Capitol Hill Day Prep/Action Steps Webinar. This webinar highlights practical tips for Hill visits, including how to educate new Members of Congress, frame your issues, craft “your ask,” and follow-up from back home. This webinar takes the stress out of your Hill visits and gets you prepared (and excited) to charge Capitol Hill.
- Download FRAC’s Tips for Capitol Hill Visits: Arranging Your Visit (pdf).
- Need help arranging your Capitol Hill visit? Contact Lauren Badger at FRAC or Corey Malone-Smolla at Feeding America.
New Option to “Opt into” Lobby Day Coordination
Interested in coordinating with other advocates from your state for the National Anti-Hunger Policy Conference Lobby Day on February 26? Use the instructions below to update your registration to the following question: “Would you like to share your contact information with other attendees from your state to coordinate on Lobby Day visits? (Yes/No)”
To opt into Lobby Day coordination, simply choose this option at registered. Already registered? Please log into your registration record and select this option.
Conference attendees have the opportunity on the third day of the conference to go to Capitol Hill to meet with their Members of Congress and staff regarding policy priorities outlined throughout the conference.