Make Your Capitol Hill Appointments Now!
Your Members of Congress will be in town during the conference and we urge you to set up appointments with your delegation before you leave home. There are many other conferences going on at the same time as ours, so it is important to make your appointments now with your Members and their staff in order to secure your spot on their calendars. Note that our Lobby Day Breakfast Launch will take place Tuesday, March 3, from 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. at the Omni Shoreham Hotel. Please plan your visits at 9:30 a.m. or after.
Requesting a meeting with others from your state will help secure a meeting with your Member, so we encourage you to coordinate visits with other conference attendees.
Check out FRAC’s Tips for Capitol Hill Visits (pdf) before scheduling appointments with your Members of Congress.
Did you miss the AHPC Lobbying 101 Webinar? Access the webinar recording to get practical tips on how to plan your Hill visits, including how to frame your issues, craft your ask, and how to follow-up from back home.
Don’t forget to pick up leave-behinds!
- Fiscal Year 2021 Budget and Appropriations
- Congress Must Protect and Strengthen SNAP and Other Key Anti-Hunger Programs
- Child Nutrition Reauthorization
- USDA’s Proposed Rule to Roll Back Nutrition Standards Will Jeopardize Children’s Health and Nutrition
- Site Visits
- TEFAP In America
- TEFAP Storage and Distribution
- The charitable sector can’t solve hunger alone (orange slice)