Workshops & Tracks
Workshop and Track Information from the 2019 Conference:
Conference App Now Available
The official National Anti-Hunger Policy Conference app is now live; get it at the app store. Download it on your mobile device’s app store by searching for AHPC or National Anti-Hunger Policy Conference.
Workshop Preview Blog Post
Read the Workshop Preview blog post: From Policy Wonks to Grassroots Hunger Leaders, There’s Something for Everyone at the 2019 National Anti-Hunger Policy Conference.
Now Online: List of Workshops and Descriptions
Download the Draft List of 2019 AHPC Workshops and Descriptions to help you start planning your conference experience. Please note that the list is subject to change.
2019 CACFP Leadership Track Theme Announced
National CACFP Leadership Track theme is CACFP Innovation, Dedication, Celebration. The track will feature inspiring speakers, informative sessions, and opportunities to learn about:
- Advocacy: CACFP Innovation, Dedication, Celebration
- USDA CACFP Updates
- Successful CACFP Strategies: Child Care, Afterschool, and Homeless Programs
- Innovations in CACFP Procurement: Affordable Healthy Foods for CACFP Child Care and Afterschool Programs
- Partnerships and Funding Sources to Support CACFP Participation and Healthy Appealing CACFP Meals and Snacks
- Making CACFP a Multicultural Success: Serving a Diversity of Families
- Early Childhood Nutrition
The CACFP Leadership Track is held in conjunction with the National Anti-Hunger Policy Conference February 24-26, 2019.
We are pleased to announce a pre-conference training session on Saturday, February 23, complimentary with conference registration:
Anti-Hunger Bootcamp 101: An Entry-Level Course in Public Policy, Political Process, and Anti-Hunger Advocacy for Those New to the Community
Saturday, February 23, 2019, 2:00-5:00 PM
Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, DC (Anti-Hunger Policy Conference site)
Learn from policy experts, Capitol Hill staff, and seasoned pros how the federal nutrition programs operate and how you can fully engage in advocacy efforts to strengthen and protect federal nutrition programs. This pre-conference boot camp will provide new or early career advocates and first-time conference attendees with:
- a brief overview of federal nutrition programs: SNAP, pre-school (WIC and CACFP), school-based (breakfast and lunch), out-of-school time (afterschool snacks, afterschool meals, and summer meals), senior meals, and commodity assistance (TEFAP and CSFP);
- the basics of the legislative process, with an emphasis on budget and appropriations; and
- a “how to” guide for effective anti-hunger advocacy.
Ample time will be given for Q&A, along with an “open mic” for additional issues to be covered.
To attend this session, simply check off the Saturday session box during registration. If you have already registered, please log into your registration record and check off the Saturday session. There is no need to register for the conference again.
Having problems registering for the pre-conference sessions? Contact email@example.com.